Hotel Contract Interiors Ltd
This Privacy Notice was published in May 2018. It takes effect from the 25th May, 2018.
We care about our customers and know that your privacy is important to you. This Privacy Notice is our way of telling you how we collect your information, why we need it, and how we use it.
For our website https://www.hci-uk.co.uk (the “Site”) and for information otherwise collected under this Privacy Notice, Hotel Contract Interiors Ltd (HCI) is the data controller that is responsible for your privacy. HCI Limited is located at Unit 6, Albion Trading Estate, Mill Street, Manchester M6 6LL.
SCOPE OF APPLICATION
This Privacy Notice applies to your use of the information you provide to us after being presented with or directed to this Privacy Notice. This could be, for example, when you share your information when calling our office or one of our representatives or send us a letter via postal mail, and of data we collect off our website.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
There are three general categories of information we collect: (1) Information you give to us; (2) Information we automatically collect from your use of the Site; (3) Information we collect from third parties.
We use your information in several different ways. What we do with your information depends on when we collect it and what we collect. We may anonymize your information for any purpose permitted by applicable laws.
Information you give to us
• Your name and contact details (such as your email address, mailing address, phone number and password)
• Your payment information (such as your credit/debit card number, security/CVV code, and expiration date)
• Your communications and contact history with us (such as communications with our social media channels)
• Other information (such as product reviews, forum posts, survey responses, participation in promotions, and other user-generated content)
LEGAL BASIS FOR PROCESSING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We will only use your personal data where the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
• for performance of a contract we enter into with you;
• where necessary for compliance with a legal or regulatory obligation we are subject to; and
• for our legitimate interests (as described within this policy), but only if your interests and fundamental rights do not override these interests
How we use information you give to us Why we collect it
Registration We need your name and contact details to create your account. This information is necessary for the adequate performance of certain services and offerings on the Site, and to fulfil our contract with you when you place an order.
Accept payment, fulfil orders, provide refunds
We use your name and contact details to fulfil our contract with you and deliver your orders, and we use your payment information to process payments and comply with applicable law.
Sending you account information We need your name and contact details to deliver important account information to you, such as order confirmations and notices, changes to account settings, and notices about the Site, or the terms and policies that apply to them.
To offer an improved user experience We use your communications and contact history with us, as well as other information such as additional profile information, to operate, protect, improve and optimize the Site and to personalize and customize your experience. We have a legitimate interest in improving the Site and as well as user experience.
Analytics, training and quality assurance We may use information you provide to us to train our staff, improve our services, and perform other internal analytics and performance monitoring. This processing can be pursuant to your consent or pursuant to our legitimate interest in detecting and preventing fraud and improving our services and offerings.
Communication, marketing and advertising We may use information you provide to us to deliver and personalize our communications with you, this processing can be pursuant to your consent or pursuant to our legitimate interest in undertaking marketing activities to offer you products or services that may be of interest.
Information we automatically collect from your use of the Site
• Your contact details you provide us with on the contact form on the website.
• Your name, email address and other contact information.
WHEN WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
We share your information with the following categories of recipients as an essential part of being able to provide the Site, and related services, including customer service, to you:
• Companies and individuals that help us deliver our products to you, such as suppliers, payment service providers, logistics professionals, and delivery and freight companies.
• Professional service providers who help us run our business, such as invoicing platforms and email servers.
• staff members in order to facilitate the provision of goods or services to you
HCI do not share any information you have provided with any third parties or marketing organisations.